Stallions in Service - Danae Pride Bunso, ’99, starts Isaiah 117 House Duval County
Providence Alumni Danae Pride Bunso, Class of ’99, recently started a Duval branch of Isaiah 117 House. This home in Duval County will be the first one in the state of Florida and will hopefully spread the mission all throughout the state!
When children are removed from their homes out of concern for their welfare, they are usually brought to the Department of Children and Families (DCF) Offices to await placement with a foster family. This wait can be several hours to nearly a full day. These children often have nothing with them and are scared, lonely, hungry, and in dirty clothing. Isaiah 117 provides a comforting home where these children instead can be brought to wait – a place that is safe with friendly and loving volunteers who provide clean clothes, smiles, toys, and snuggly blankets. This space allows children to receive the comfort and care they need while DCS staff can do the necessary paperwork and identify a good foster placement.
How can you get involved?
- Like and follow on social media under @isaiah117houseduvalcofl
- Attend a monthly Expansion Meeting - next one being August 15th, 1-2pm at Emmaus Church
- Host a lemonade stand with friends & family – contact Providence Alumni Britney Reeder Rhodes, ‘02 for more information at email@example.com
- Donate kid’s clothing and other requested items or host a donation drive
- Visit this link to volunteer in specific ways and receive our monthly newsletter: https://isaiah117house.com/volunteers